Massachusetts Congressional Campaign Manager
|Date posted||March 28, 2018|
|Job Type||Full time|
Start: ASAP Primary: September 4th, General: November 6th
First-time candidate for Congress in competitive Massachusetts primary seeks a campaign manager.
We seek a natural leader with prior experience managing staff and budgets. Ideal manager will be creative a problem-solver, will lead with respect for community and staff, and will represent the candidate in the best light. Candidate has a wonderful story to tell, and the ideal campaign manager will know how to best bring this to the voters of her future district.
Must have strong leadership skills, prior experience managing a staff and budget, and preferably experience overseeing polling, research, and paid media (such as mail and/or radio and television). Applicants should have a car and be willing to relocate, as well as work long hours under pressure. Applicants will need to demonstrate excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Develop and manage/implement campaign plan, budget and timeline including paid media, collateral, field program, communications strategy, outreach, research, and GOTV.
- Hiring and/or managing of staff and consultants
- Working closely with finance director and team
- Manage grassroots coalitions and relationship building within the district
- Scheduling priorities, event planning, and facilitating non-finance events including meet and greets, press tours, district tours, etc.
- Recruiting volunteers and interns
- Managing campaign headquarters
We are seeking someone who
- Has a 4-year degree (Preferred)
- Political campaign experience (2 cycles or more)
- Ideally has knowledge and experience within Massachusetts politics
- Understands VAN, has experience with Action Network
- Should have well-honed ability to take the initiative, be comfortable networking and speaking publicly as the candidate’s representative
- Must have reliable transportation and valid Driver’s License
- Willingness to relocate to MA immediately
We encourage women and people of color to apply. Please send resumes to email@example.com.