Tom Foley, a former ambassador to Ireland one of the handful of Republicans looking to challenge Connecticut Sen. Chris Dodd, has reportedly pinned down Gregg Keller as his his chief of staff. Keller, a vice president at Total Spectrum, ran the unsuccessful 2006 reelection bid of former Sen. Jim Talent (R-Mo.) and worked as the national coalitions director for Mitt Romney's 2008 presidential campaign.
Doug Pike, a former Philadelphia Inquirer editorial writer, has brough Neil Oxman on board as an adviser. Oxman, along with former Politics columnist Doc Sweitzer, co-founded the Campaign Group, which will produce Pike's televsion and radio ads. Pike is challenging Republican Rep. Jim Gerlach in Pennsylvania's 6th District.
Brent Blackaby (Blackrock Associates) [Ed. note: A recent Politics mag Rising Star!], Internet campaign
- Rep. Artur Davis (challenger), Alabama Governor '10
- Sen. Barbara Boxer (incumbent), U.S. Senate - California, '10
- Sen. Patty Murray (incumbent), U.S. Senate - Washington, '10
- Sen. Patrick Leahy (incumbent), U.S. Senate - Vermont, '10
- Chris Kelly (open seat), California Attorney General, '10 [with Debra Bowen and Mike Disharoon]
- Sen. Byron Dorgan (incumbent), U.S. Senate - North Dakota, '10
- Sen. Charles Schumer (incumbent), U.S. Senate - New York, '10
- Creigh Deeds (open seat), Virginia Governor, '09
- Lt. Gov. Lee Fisher (open seat), U.S. Senate - Ohio, '10 [with Mike Disharoon]
- Bill Ritter (incumbent), Colorado Governor, '10 [with Jamie Ruth]
Have a staff move or new client for your firm? Let us know at email@example.com. Check politicsmagazine.com for new Coming & Going and Sign-up posts each day. Then look for our featured moves in the next issue of Politics magazine.